Covid-19 – Keeping your Dancer Safe
At Premiere Studio of Dance we have implemented many new health guidelines with the guidance of Peterborough Public Health. Please keep in mind the following and remind your dancer of the rules prior to each class:
- All dancers must have a signed Covid-19 waiver on file with the studio, and are to notify the office immediately should the health of the dancer (or a member of their family) change.
- Students line up outside prior to their class (pylons are currently outside 6 feet apart), please arrive no more than 5 minutes before class start time.
- We ask that parents (unless absolutely necessary) remain outside the building in order to keep occupancy low and allow for proper physical distancing.
- Anyone entering the building must wear a mask.
- Dancers upon entering, sanitize hands, and remove outdoor shoes, carry them to their designated dance square (they are numbered) where they can keep their belongings. We ask dancers to only bring what they need (dance shoes, water).
- While in class students will stay physically distant and have the option to remove their mask while dancing. Teachers will be wearing a mask when they are not able to physically distance.
- Students will exit through a different door once class is complete (Studio 1 and 3 exit east side, studio 2 exits west side).
- All ‘high touch’ surfaces (mats, bars, floors where applicable) will be cleaned in between classes/cohorts of students, and bathrooms will be sanitized regularly.
- At Premiere we have scheduled our classes to now have staggered start times to allow for more physical distancing upon start and finish of each class.
- Hand Sanitizer is available for use upon entry, exit, and within each dance studio and common areas.
- Each dancer has a 6ft square to safely dance in, and they are separated by an additional foot of space.
- In between classes (where it is likely to have mostly different students from the one before), 10mins has been allowed for instructors to properly clean all high touch areas within the studio.
- Specific washrooms are assigned to each studio for use during class to minimize contact between students. (we ask that dancers try to use the washroom prior to coming to class whenever possible).